Friday, July 24, 2009

Knitting the medallion.....still.........



I always have several projects going on at once. That way if things get a bit tedious you can work on something else for awhile and go back to the original piece when the mood strikes. I'm still working on the Medallion Cardigan, but have taken a brief tangent for immediate gratification....oh I feel so cheap! I'm knitting this red cardigan out of Gusto 10, on huge needles that might as well be broom sticks!!! But it's oh so satisfying to see the fabric materialize so quickly!

I've also just completed a workshop with Prudence Mapstone (www.knotjustknitting.com), the guru of free form knitting and crochet. She is a master of combining a wild array of colours, textures and stitches. She is also a very fun and generous instructor. After years of wanting to do a workshop with her, I'm very happy that I've finally had the opportunity!! Hope to have some freeforming to show you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment