Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sewing and Embroidery
























I subscribe to Jenny/Sublime Stitching newsletter. Jenny Hart has some AMAZING embroidery patterns that are too fun for words! Awhile back she appeared on Sew It All TV. Being in Australia, I am unable to get this television program, but I was inspired by Jenny's newsletter entry. http://www.sublimestitching.com/sewitalltv Teamed up with Christine Haynes they made some really fun tops. Christine designed the boat neck top and Jenny the embroidery. So I thought I'd have a go!
This is my first attempt at this project and the steps I went through. I began by making Christine's boatneck top out of a mulberry homespun fabric. My inspiration for the embroidery came from the gorgeous fuschia plant given to me by my daughter. Then I made a drawing, transferred it to the top, and embroidered away!!!
Next time I would like to be a bit more adventuresome with the emboidery design ;)!

My apologises for the dreadful photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment