Friday, August 19, 2011

Embarrassing situation drives woman to create!!




Okay, well I'm not a prude, but nor am I a woman who wears too short skirts for my age or low revealing decollete's, I'm just not comfortable with that kind of clothing. (If I had the figure to carry it off, perhaps I would test this to the limits, but I don't.) So, I was absolutely horrified when a few months ago, while waiting for an appointment a man approched me and said he could see up my dress!!! he well maybe could have been right, or he could have been a pervert, I'm not sure. But the idea left me feeling a bit wierd. Then, in my email came the Craft newsletter I had just subscribed to, and the answer was before me!! Lovely Haly Pierson-Cox had run into embarrassing skirt dilemmas while living in New York, and posted an easy "How to Make a Custom Pair of Tap Pants" pattern on blog.craftzine.com. Thank you Haly, problem solved and I've had a lot of fun making them! (Oh,and thanks to Darn Cheap Fabrics having fun checked silk on sale for $5 a metre, I sort of expanded on the tap pants idea...)

No comments:

Post a Comment