Monday, August 30, 2010






For as long as I can remember, in the upstairs hall of my family home there has hung a special painting. It is a watercolour that my Mother painted when she was 19 years old, in 1949. It is a portrait of a Balinese dancer, an image has intrigued me all of my life. I have hoped that I would one day have the opportunity to visit Indonesia, and we have had the fortune to visit Bali for a week! I must say that it is more than I ever hoped for, there is a spirituality there, the people are kind and gentle, the art, architecture and craft are beautiful, exotic and so unique to anything I have ever seen before. We stayed in a beautiful bungalow, in north Seminyak, that was unbelievable! I'm still jet-lagged, as we have not been home long, and will post more very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment