Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love of textiles!

The meditative quality of knitting and crochet is something that I've enjoyed for years, neither process can be rushed. There's something so lovely about making fabric and then an article of clothing out of nothing more than some sticks and knotted string! This is a cotton cardigan in progress from the Paton's book, "Hooked on Style."



215 x 171cm
I really have a love of textiles working with fabrics, yarns and coloured threads....For years I've been collecting Japanese fabrics and I've finally composed them into a quilt. The photo just shows the pieced together top, I've since added an Australian wool batting and a backing fabric and will begin the quilting process later today! The finished quilt will be about 171 x 215cm (that's roughly 6 x 7ft for you imperialists!)


2 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    What a joy to find you again! I think of you often but particularly during the fires. So relieved to hear you are well.

    It's funny that the first blog I view from you is related to textiles. I have a large fabric stash that winks at me while I do my bread-and-butter work! I have several pieced tops and one on my flannel board waiting to be put together. Good thing Ed took a photo to remind me what it used to look like!

    A lot has changed in my life over the past few years. My mom passed away in September 2007 after a year-long battle with cancer. I did see the notice about your dad. So sorry. I wanted to make the services but my schedule wouldn't allow. My best to your mom and hope you are coping well.

    Ed retired from UPS this past October after 30 total years with the company. It was the right time as all the pieces fell into place at the same time. The universe was telling us it was time to do live life on our terms. We are now partners in our graphic design business. Times are a bit lean right now but I have faith things will come around.

    Lots to catch up on. Please contact me so we can "talk".

    Lots of love, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie! Thanks so much for you message. Can you send me your email address? Mine is tdkidd@gmail. Look forward to hearing from you! Tricia

    ReplyDelete